YPS-AAEM promotes the professional development of its members and provides them with education consistent with the principles and activities of AAEM.
Resources for Young Physicians
Check our resources to support the next stage of your career in emergency medicine.
Join a YPS-AAEM Workgroup
Get involved with YPS-AAEM on the ground level by joining a work group today.
Latest Webinar Recording
Watch “What You Can Do!” A webinar on Advocacy brought to you by YPS-AAEM.
More About Young Physicians Section
AAEM Young Physicians Section (YPS-AAEM) membership is open to all emergency medicine residency-trained Fellow-in-Training, Associate, or Full Voting members of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine who are within the first five years of professional practice after residency or fellowship training.Bylaws
Moiz Qureshi, MD MBA
Jennifer Rosenbaum, MD
Nicholas Boyko, DO
Immediate Past Chair
Jessica Fujimoto, MD FAAEM
Jack Allen, MD
Jennifer McGowan, MD
Michelle E. Romeo, MD
Anantha Singarajah, DO
Fred Earl Kency, Jr., MD FAAEM FACEP
*Interested in filling an open position? Please contact AAEM for more information.
You must be a current AAEM member who is within the first five years of professional practice after residency or fellowship training to join this section.
- I’m already an AAEM Member. Join YPS-AAEM.
- You can also add an YPS-AAEM Membership when you become an AAEM member today!
- Full Voting (Free)
- Associate (Free)
- Fellow-in-Training (Free)
Section memberships run on a calendar year and must be renewed annually.
- Free CV and Cover Letter Review
- YPS Mentoring Program
- Rules of the Road for Young Physicians
- Opportunity to have articles published in the YPS-AAEM section of Common Sense
Financial Rx: Prescribing a Healthy Financial Future
Monday, April 29, 2024 | 12:15pm – 1:15pm
Money Script Wealth Management, PLLC will help you navigate the transitions from medical school to residency and from residency to being a practicing physician. Our firm understands the specific challenges that come with these shifts and will collaborate with you to create customized strategies for repaying student loans, reducing your tax burden, and achieving your goals of financial independence and early retirement. We will have your back each step of the way so you can live your purpose, care for others, and prepare for a bright future doing what you love.
Register today to attend this informative event at AAEM24! Limited seats available.
Read articles from AAEM’s member magazine, Common Sense, authored by YPS-AAEM members.
- Giving Feedback as a Young Physician Can Be Tough-Here’s How to Do it Right by Jennifer Rosenbaum, MD FAAEM, January/February 2024
- YPS: Empowering Physician Advocacy and Fostering Resources for Young Emergency Medicine Physicians by Moiz Qureshi, MD, September/October 2023
- Keeping the Flame Lit by Michelle Romeo, MD, March/April 2023
- ED Crowding And Boarding: A Public Health Crisis by Jennifer Rosenbaum, MD FAAEM, January/February 2023
- Breaking Bad News: Practical Applications in the Emergency Department by Reed Wise, MS and Danielle Goodrich, MD FAAEM FACEP, September/October 2022
- Turning Foes to Friends: Establishing Collegiality in the ED by Alan Sazama MD FAAEM, July/August 2022
- Advocacy: What Can You Do? by Joshua Bucher, MD FAAEM, May/June 2022
- Two Years Later by Priya Ghelani, DO FAAEM, March/April 2022
- Now I am the Master: Transitioning from Learner to Teacher by Alan Sazama, MD, January/February 2022
- Understanding the Transition from Resident to Attending Practice by Jessica Fujimoto, MD FAAEM, November/December 2021
- Perspective: Escaping our Burnout Crisis by David Nykin, MD, September/October 2021
- Bougie Conundrum: Airway Adjunct or Secret to 1st Pass Success? Should We Incorporate into Routine Practice and How? by Frederick Gmora, DO, Skyler Lentz, MD FAAEM, Elias Wan, MD FAAEM, November/December 2021