The Oral Board Review Course is only possible with the help of our volunteer examiners!
Examiners bring years of expert insight and experience to help board eligible candidates pass their Oral Certification Examination. With their help, we are able to make AAEM’s Oral Board Review Course simulate the actual Virtual Oral Board Examination as closely as possible and provide participants with the 1:1 feedback and guidance they need to succeed.
Read “Why You Should Volunteer as an Oral Board Review Course Examiner“, a message from course directors Frank L. Christopher, MD FAAEM and Michael C. Bond, MD FAAEM, for more information on the value of becoming a volunteer examiner.
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge to help prepare board eligible candidates for their Oral Certification Exam, please fill out the Volunteer Examiner Interest Form.
There is no obligation for submitting your interest in being an examiner. Once you submit the form, you will receive an email three months in advance to check your availability and interest to participate as a volunteer examiner for the next Oral Board Review Course.
Volunteer examiners are required to:
- Be emergency medicine trained and ABEM or AOBEM certified.
- Attend a Virtual Oral Board Review Course Orientation on Zoom. (Note: familiarity with Zoom is not a prerequisite.)
- Make a six-hour commitment for each course day that an examiner participates in (typically from 11:20am ET – 5:15pm ET)
- Receive a $99 stipend for each course participated in as an examiner.
- Receive complimentary registration for AAEM’s Annual Scientific Assembly when you participate
as an examiner for three or more courses in a calendar year.
- Receive both complimentary registration for AAEM’s Annual Scientific Assembly and a
complimentary AAEM membership for the next year, when you participate as an examiner for six or
more courses in a calendar year.
- Are eligible to claim CME for participating as an examiner.
- Are invited to an examiner dinner held during AAEM’s Annual Scientific Assembly.