The EUS-AAEM Section is excited to sponsor EUS-AAEM resident physicians and young physician members who have an interest in ultrasound research. Applications will not be considered unless and until all materials have been received.
Review the EUS-AAEM Grant Application Instructions for the complete list of instructions.
Grant Amount: $5,000
Funds may be used for travel expenses to AAEM Scientific Assembly or for research expenses.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
- To improve emergency medicine care for patients using point-of-care ultrasound.
- To promote point-of-care ultrasound education through involvement in research.
- To foster research interest in young physicians.
Expectations of Research Proposal
- Be relevant to the practice of emergency medicine and point-of-care-ultrasound
- Provides a measurable and reproducible outcome
- Follows best research practices
Following the close of grant submissions on December 1, 2023, a research grant proposal committee will review submissions and choose one proposal to sponsor. Submissions will be judged based upon training level. The winning grant proposal will have 1 year to complete the project. The project will be submitted through the AAEM and JEM Resident and Student Research Competition or the YPS-AAEM Research Competition for the upcoming AAEM Scientific Assembly.
|Announcement of Grant||September 14, 2023|
|Grant Submission Access Opens||October 1, 2023|
|Grant Submission Access Closes||December 1, 2023|
|Winner Notified||January 15, 2024|
|Grant Cycle Starts||February 1, 2024|
|Abstract Submission||Fall 2024|
|Presentation at SA||April 2025|