The Emergency Ultrasound Section of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (EUS-AAEM) was founded to foster the professional development of its members and to educate them regarding point of care ultrasound. We offer members opportunities for publications in the POCUS Report, gaining lecturing experience through the Speakers Bureau, didactic and hands-on experience at Scientific Assembly and throughout the year.
Unmute Your Probe: Credentialing and Billing
Topic: Credentialing and Billing Speaker: Yash Chavda, DO FAAEM Learn to assess for: How to credential your department and start a billing program
Check out all of our resources on emergency ultrasound that we’ve put together for you.
Hands-On Ultrasound Course
Bring emergency ultrasound education to your institution by requesting a course today.
The POCUS Report by EUS-AAEM
We are proud to publish our e-newsletter with original contributions from our members.
More About Emergency Ultrasound Section
The Emergency Ultrasound Section of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (EUS-AAEM) was founded to foster the professional development of its members and to educate them regarding point of care ultrasound. Through opportunities for publications in POCUS Report and gaining lecturing experience through the Speakers Bureau, members are invited to share their knowledge and passion for point of care ultrasound with our community and beyond. Educational opportunities ranging from Scientific Assembly didact and hands-on experiences, to the Unmute Your Probe webinar series, to live Regional Hands-On Ultrasound Course offerings support our mission to promote high-quality ultrasound education to Emergency Medicine physicians regardless of practice setting or prior ultrasound training. By fostering relationships with AAEM/RSA and fostering competitions geared toward medical students, we promote the development of future ultrasound leaders in our specialty. We hope you join us as we continue to better patient care through point of care ultrasound!Bylaws
Neha Bhatnagar, MD FAAEM
Alexis Salerno, MD FAAEM
Shawn Sethi, DO FAAEM
Immediate Past Chair
Allison Zanaboni, MD FAAEM
Patrick Kishi, MD FAAEM
Kendra Mendez, MD FAAEM
Andrew Shannon, MD MPH FAAEM
Rebecca Theophanous, MD MHSc FAAEM
Ochan Kwon, MD
Om Pathak, DO
Kimberly M. Brown, MD MPH FAAEM
You must be a current AAEM or AAEM/RSA member to join a section.
- I’m already an AAEM Member. Join EUS-AAEM.
- I’m already an AAEM/RSA Member. Join EUS-AAEM.
You can also add a EUS-AAEM Membership when you become an AAEM member or AAEM/RSA member today!
- Fellow or Full Voting ($50)
- Associate ($25)
- Fellows-in-Training ($25)
- International ($25)
- Resident (Free)
- Medical Student (Free)
Section memberships run on a calendar year and must be renewed annually.
- Free registration to Unmute Your Probe and access to past recordings
Unmute Your Probe: Credentialing and Billing
Unmute Your Probe: Making the POCUS Case to Admin
Unmute Your Probe: POCUS Quality Assurance
Unmute Your Probe: AEMUS FPD Exam Review (Part 1)
Unmute Your Probe: AEMUS FPD Exam Review (Part 2)
Unmute Your Probe: AEMUS FPD Exam Review (Part 3)
Unmute Your Probe: AEMUS FPD Exam Review (Part 4)
Unmute Your Probe: AEMUS FPD Exam Review (Part 5)
Unmute Your Probe: AEMUS FPD Exam Review (Part 6)
Read articles from AAEM’s member magazine, Common Sense, authored by EUS-AAEM members.
- An Argument for Ultrasound in Cardiac Arrest byMelissa Myers, MD FAAEM and Kristine Jeffers, MD FAAEM, March/April 2023
- Is POCUS a Procedure or an Extension of the Physical Exam? Experts Debate by Joshua Guttman, MD FRCPC FAAEM and Yash Chavda, DO FAAEM, January/February 2023
- Regional Hands-On Ultrasound Course by Allison Zanaboni, MD FAAEM, November/December 2022
- PA and NP Use of POCUS in the ED by Melissa Myers, MD FAAEM and Joshua Guttman, MD FAAEM, November/December 2022
- Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Intravenous Access Correlation with Emergency Department Holds by Morgan Ritz, MD, September/October 2022
- Use of Point of Care Ultrasound During Distal Extremity Reduction in an Emergency Department Setting: A Pilot Study by Morgan Ritz, MD and Maxwell Cooper, MD, September/October 2022
- 2022: The Year of the 1st AEMUS FPD Examination by Alexis Salerno, MD FPD-AEMUS FAAEM, July/August 2022
- Education in Point of Care Ultrasound by Melissa Myers, MD, May/June 2022
- Does ultrasound guidance during insertion of central venous catheters increase risk of infection?: A review of recommendations and what you can do to reduce this risk by Stephanie Sorensen, DO PGY 3, Daniel Puebla, MD PGY 2, and Mark A Newberry, DO FAAEM, March/April 2022
- EUS-AAEM 2020-2021 Round Up by Alexis Salerno, MD FAAEM, November/December 2021
- Give Me A Break: Ultrasound Guided Serratus Anterior Plane Block by Shawn Sethi, DO, November/December 2021
- Bougie Conundrum: Airway Adjunct or Secret to 1st Pass Success? Should We Incorporate into Routine Practice and How? by Frederick Gmora, DO, Skyler Lentz, MD FAAEM, Elias Wan, MD FAAEM, November/December 2021