The Florida Chapter Division of AAEM (FLAAEM) advocates for the values of AAEM at the state level for its FLAAEM members.
More about FLAAEM
FLAAEM is constituted and formed for the purpose of conducting research and professional and public education, to restrain the cost, improve the quality and promote the integrity of the practice and management of Emergency Medicine in the State of Florida, including, without limitation, the development, publication and promotion of appropriate branches and professional standards in the emergency Medicine industry, and to do any other act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing purpose or in advancement thereof, but not for the pecuniary profit or financial gain.
The Florida Chapter Division of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (FLAAEM) is a democratic organization committed to the following principles:
- Every individual should have unencumbered access to quality emergency care provided by a specialist in emergency medicine.
- The practice of emergency medicine is best conducted by a specialist in emergency medicine.
- A specialist in emergency medicine is a physician who has achieved, through personal dedication and sacrifice, certification by either the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM).
- The personal and professional welfare of the individual specialist in emergency medicine is a primary concern to the FLAAEM.
- FLAAEM supports fair and equitable practice environments necessary to allow the specialist in emergency medicine to deliver the highest quality of patient care. Such an environment includes provisions for due process and the absence of restrictive covenants.
- FLAAEM supports the growth of residency programs and graduate medical education, which are essential to the continued enrichment of Emergency Medicine, and to ensure a high quality of care for the patient.
Michael Dalley, DO FAAEM
Mark A. Newberry, DO FAAEM
Rian Pillitteri, MD FAAEM
Past President’s Council Representative
Mark A. Foppe, DO FAAEM FACOEP
Immediate Past President
Steven Parr, DO FAAEM
Scientific Assembly Planning Committee Directors
Michael Dalley, DO FAAEM
David A. Farcy, MD MAAEM FAAEM FCCM
Associate Member Representative
Patrick Hughes, DO MEHP
Brandon Faza, MD MBA FAAEM FACEP
Loice Swisher, MD MAAEM FAAEM
Alex Terskiy, MD FAAEM
Resident Member Representative – North Florida
Open – If interested, contact Kathy Uy
Resident Member Representative – Central Florida
Tyler Littmann, DO
Resident Member Representative – South Florida
Ryan Kelly, MD
Medical Student Member Representative
If you are already a member of AAEM or AAEM/RSA:
If you are not a current AAEM or AAEM/RSA Member:
- Email us or call (800) 884-2236 to join FLAAEM today.
- Full Voting ($125)
- Associate ($75)
- Fellows-in-Training ($75)
- Resident (Free)
- Medical Student (Free)
Chapter division memberships run on a calendar year and must be renewed annually.
- Free Registration to Annual FLAAEM Scientific Assembly
- FOMA Discounted Rate of $25 for Prescribing Controlled Substances Course
- FLAAEM Members may access the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association’s (FOMA) two (2) hour online “Prescribing Controlled Substances” course at the reduced rate of $25 (regularly $75). This course fulfills the opioid prescribing requirement needed for all Florida physicians.
- 35% Discount with Advanced Medical Certification (AMC), the premier online certification and recertification course provider for health care professionals offering 100% online courses for certification and recertification in ACLS, PALS, BLS and CPR.
- 20% Discount with Dress A Med, which provides quality scrubs and medical uniforms. FLAAEM members receive a 20% discount sitewide.
- 15% Discount with the American Seminar Institute, which offers portable and accredited continuing education courses.
There are no upcoming events.