Critical Care Medicine Section
The primary purpose of the Critical Care Medicine Section (CCMS-AAEM) will be to serve as a forum for those interested in critical care to exchange information among the group, as well as with fellow AAEM members.
The section will help develop critical care educational opportunities at Scientific Assembly and other sponsored venues, and be a centralized point of communication for medical students, residents, and attendings.
The section will work closely with AAEM/RSA to provide mentorship to medical students and residents who are interested in critical care fellowships.
CCMS Council Meeting
May 6, 2021 | 5:00pm PT / 6:00pm MT / 7:00pm CT / 8:00pm ET
CCMS Council meetings are open to all CCMS members. Attend our monthly virtual meetings on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00pm CT. Email email@example.com for the link and passcode for each meeting.
COVID from the ED to the ICU: Do we have a crystal ball?
May 27, 2021 | 5:00pm PT / 6:00pm MT / 7:00pm CT / 8:00pm ET
- In this panel webinar, we will discuss:
- How has the decision to intubate COVID respiratory failure evolved over the past year?
- Has our decision making process gotten back to where we were pre-COVID with ARDS/PNA?
- What are the lessons we’ve learning about transferring tenuous COVID patients?
- What are the risks/benefits of intubating vs HFNC vs Bipap for transportation?
New Resource: Managing Critically Ill COVID-19 Patients in the ED
The CCMS Council has created and gathered resources specific to helping members during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more.
Email us at CCMSChair@aaem.org to reach the Chair of CCMS.