The Great Lakes Chapter Division of AAEM is committed to advancing the scholarship of medical students and residents in the Great Lakes region through partnership with educational meetings and scientific publications, advocating for safe and fair practice rights for emergency physicians throughout the Midwest, supporting EM physicians in medicolegal and health care policy issues throughout the region, and improving awareness and understanding of the overarching AAEM mission and values and encouraging participation in the society.
More about GLAAEM
The Great Lakes Chapter Division of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine is an advocacy group that shares in the values and missions of AAEM. In addition to the core principles that every individual should have access to emergency care by a board-certified emergency physician, fair and equitable practice environments for emergency physicians, and support for residency programs and graduate medical education, our chapter division is committed to:
- Advancing scholarship of medical students and residents in the Great Lakes region through partnership with educational meetings and scientific publications.
- Advocating for safe and fair practice rights for emergency physicians and democratic independent practice groups throughout the Midwest.
- Sharing and advocating for medicolegal and health care policy issues with members in Great Lakes region.
- Improving awareness and understanding of the overarching AAEM missions and values and encouraging Midwestern medical student, resident, and staff physician participation in the society.
Brady McIntosh, MD FAAEM
Immediate Past President
Sudhir Baliga, MD FAAEM
William Boston, MD FAAEM
Bob Zemple, MD MBA FAAEM
WI State Representative
Jon Rubin, MD FAAEM
OH State Representative
Eric Brader, MD FAAEM
MI State Representative
Larisa Traill, MD FAAEM
IA State Representative
Olivia Bailey, MD FAAEM
IN State Representative
Courtney Soley, MD FAAEM
Allyson Peterson, MD
Michael McGary, MD
If you are already a member of AAEM or AAEM/RSA:
If you are not a current AAEM or AAEM/RSA Member:
- Email us or call (800) 884-2236 to join GLAAEM today.
- You can also add a FLAAEM Membership online when you become an AAEM member or AAEM/RSA member!
- Full Voting ($50)
- Associate ($25)
- Fellows-in-Training ($25)
- Resident (Free)
- Medical Student (Free)
Chapter division memberships run on a calendar year and must be renewed annually.
- Six WestJEM full-text electronic issues, four CPC-EM full-text electronic issues, and access to special issues throughout the year
- 20% discount on article processing fees if you are listed as a first or last author and manuscript is accepted
- Access to WestJEM’s online Academic Job Board
- How to Access WestJEM
View articles on all mobile devices through westjem.com