AAEM will use the following guidelines when considering recommendation of outside conferences and courses related to the specialized practice of emergency medicine. Please contact the AAEM office for more information: email@example.com or 800-884-2236.
- AAEM will not recommend or support a program that has content or sponsors that are judged not in keeping with the mission and principles of AAEM.
- AAEM will not recommend or support a program that competes with its own existing or planned CME events in terms of content, time, or location.
- AAEM will not forward requests for recommended conferences if they fall within two weeks prior to or following AAEM conferences or meetings.
- AAEM will not incur any financial liability for recommended or supported programs.
- AAEM will not incur any financial liability for co-sponsored programs unless previously stipulated in writing.
- AAEM will not recommend or support a program that does not adhere to current AMA / ACCME sponsorship guidelines.
- For national programs (i.e., those held in the United States), the ACCME Subcommittee will consider recommendation only if:
1) the program director is a full voting member of AAEM or
2) the program is being organized by a recognized Academic Institution or Society, and at least one of the directors is a member of AAEM.
- For international programs (i.e., those held outside of the United States), the International Conference Subcommittee will consider submissions for recommendation only, on an individual basis.
- In order to verify the above criteria, the following documents may be requested:
– Advertising brochure
– Disclosure forms from presenters
– Program evaluations by attendees