Emergency Ultrasound Section
We are excited to announce the new Emergency Ultrasound Section of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (EUS-AAEM)! Our section is founded to foster the professional development of its members and to educate them regarding point of care ultrasound.
This Emergency Ultrasound Section is founded to foster the professional development of its members and to educate them regarding point of care ultrasound. The committee will develop educational opportunities at the annual Scientific Assembly as well as other AAEM sponsored programs, including regional and international symposia. This group will serve as a venue for collaboration among medical students, residents, fellows, and emergency medicine practitioners who are interested in point of care ultrasound. The purpose of our group is to augment the knowledge and expertise of all emergency medicine specialists and to advocate for patient safety and quality care by endorsing bedside ultrasound. Membership is not limited to fellowship trained physicians. All emergency medicine practitioners passionate about ultrasound are welcome to join and participate. This group will work closely with the RSA to provide mentorship to medical students and residents who are interested in emergency medicine and point of care ultrasound.
- Disseminate information about ultrasound amongst emergency medicine practitioners regardless of practice setting and experience
- Deliver ongoing educational opportunities for emergency medicine specialists
- Provide resources for the advancement of point of care ultrasound
- Forum for collaboration to encourage ultrasound research and exchange of ideas
- Create regional, national, and international opportunities for providers to convene
- Support fellowship training and research
- Promote resident and medical student education
- Foster program development
- Endorse policy and guideline development
- Collaborate with other specialties utilizing ultrasound
Mark Magee, MD
Immediate Past President
Ryan Gibbons, MD FAAEM
Eric Chin, MD FAAEM
Michael Gottlieb, MD FAAEM RDMS
Jordan R. Chanler-Berat, MD FAAEM
Melissa Myers, MD FAAEM
Ana Maria Navio Serrano, MD PhD
Allison Zanaboni, MD
Mark A. Newberry, DO FAAEM
Full Voting Members - $50
Associate, International and Allied Health Members - $25
Fellows-in-Training, Resident and Student Members - Free
AAEM and AAEM/RSA membership is mandatory in joining the Emergency Ultrasound Section.
If your AAEM membership is current, please click here to add the Emergency Ultrasound Section.
If your AAEM/RSA membership is current, please click here to add the Emergency Ultrasound Section.
Submit an Article for the Newsletter
EUS-AAEM is actively seeking new authors to publish articles in there quarterly e-newsletter. Please send your submission(s) to Darcy Welsh (email@example.com) and Ginger Czajkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Suggested topics include:
- Current issues in ultrasound
- Interesting cases
- Case challenges
- Community focus- overcoming challenges (QA, billing, credentialing)
- Student and resident section
- Stories from abroad
- Instructional- how to perform certain ultrasound techniques, how to incorporate ultrasound into daily practice
*Original topics are welcomed and encouraged!*