Speaker Development Group
The AAEM Education Committee is delighted to announce the debut of the new Speaker Development Group to match emerging interested individuals who would like to be national speakers with a mentor relationship with a nationally recognized AAEM speaker. The goal for the Speaker Development Group is to encourage and develop skills of emerging national presenters.
Program Dates: May 1, 2017 - May 1, 2018
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017-2018 program.
Why Should I Apply?
|Amal Mattu, MD FAAEM
||Kevin Reed, MD FAAEM
||Evie Marcolini, MD FAAEM FCCM
Dr. Amal Mattu, MD FAAEM speaks with Dr. Kevin Reed, MD FAAEM and Dr. Evie Marcolini, MD FAAEM FCCM, active members on the AAEM Education Committee. Drs. Reed and Marcolini share more information on the program and tips for applying.
- Are you looking to enhance your public speaking and lecturing skills?
- Do you want to be part of the EM lecture circuit?
- Would you like to enhance the presentations you give at your program or hospital?
- Then we encourage you to apply!
Listen to Drs. Mattu, Reed, and Marcolini discuss the new Speaker Development Group!
- Guidance and direction from a highly respected, AAEM nationally recognized speaker to enhance speaking skills and content
To be eligible as a mentee, the individual should have:
- Demonstrated initiative – The ideal candidate would lead and value the mentor relationship and take responsibility for at least four communication touch-points within the year and follow-up with mentor using available resources (Skype, videos, streaming, etc.) if not matched within close geographical area.
- Current AAEM membership - participation in the AAEM Speaker Development Group is a member benefit.
- No Formal speaking experience or training required.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017-2018 program. Please check back in early 2018 for details for the next application cycle.