Call for MEMC23 Abstracts
The MEMC23 Scientific Program Committee is now accepting submissions for abstracts and case reports.
Submissions Close: 29 March 2023 at 10:59pm CT
The highest rated abstracts will be selected for oral presentation; all other abstracts will be invited for poster presentation. Three of the highest-rated abstracts will be selected to present their abstract during the Opening Ceremony on 7 September 2023. The three top-rated poster presentations will be presented with an award on 10 September 2023.
Guidelines for Submissions
When you submit, you will be asked to select from the following submission types:
- Research Abstract – Oral or Poster Presentation
- Research Abstract – Poster Presentation Only
- Case Report – Poster Presentation Only
Research Abstracts must include:
- Background/Objectives (max 150 words): A precise statement of the purpose of the study or the pre-study hypothesis. This may be preceded by a brief introduction summarizing past work or relevant controversies that place the study in perspective.
- Methods (max 200 words): A brief statement of the methods used, including pertinent information about the study design, setting, participants, subjects, interventions, and observations.
- Results (max 200 words): A summary of the results presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusions.
- Conclusions (max 100 words): Conclusions should be succinctly stated and firmly supported by the data presented. Note important limitations.
- References, if applicable (no word limit)
- Up to three tables and graphs may be uploaded as PDFs (optional)
Case Reports must include:
- Chief complaint (max 25 words)
- History of present illness (max 150 words)
- Pertinent physical exam (max 100 words)
- Pertinent laboratory data (max 100 words)
- A brief discussion of the case (max 300 words)
- Up to three supporting files may be uploaded, such as tables, graphs, photographs of patients, pathology specimens, Gram stains, EKGs, and radiographic studies or other visual data. (optional)
Speaker Proposals Open
17 January 2023
Speaker Proposals Close
27 February 2023
Abstract Submissions Open
1 March 2023
Abstract Submissions Close
29 March 2023
Registration & Hotel Reservations Open
18 April 2023
XIIth Mediterranean Emergency Medicine Congress
7-10 September 2023