International Scholarship Program
AAEM has a long history of involvement in international emergency medicine through conferences, committees, and the operation of the AAEM Scientific Assembly, and in recent years has invited and funded multiple international EM physicians and EM residents for their participation in AAEM Scientific Assembly.
The International Scholarship Program allows AAEM to invite and offer funding for AAEM23 to selected international emergency physicians and emergency medicine residents/registrars.
The goal of this program is to support the mission and vision of AAEM and the objectives of the AAEM International Committee including: development of liaisons and fostering of opportunities for exchange of information, education, and ideas with international EM societies and organizations.
The winners will receive $1,000 (USD) to attend AAEM23 in person.
To apply, please review the application criteria below, and prepare your essay, update your CV, and submit the application by Friday, September 30 at 11:59pm CT. Applicants should complete the scholarship application in full when submitting.
The International Committee will then review and rank candidates and recommend the finalists to the AAEM Board of Directors for final approval.
Applications are now closed.
- Must be a physician faculty or resident/registrar
- Must be conversant in English
- Must be an active participant in emergency medicine via clinical practice, teaching, research, or administration
- Must enthusiastically promote the development and evolution of the specialty of emergency medicine within your home country
- Should be an established leader of emergency medicine within your home country or have a strong potential to become a leader within this specialty
- Must indicate an economic disadvantage within the essay such that the applicant would not be able to attend the Scientific Assembly without financial assistance
- Must be able to utilize the opportunities for the exchange of information, education and ideas offered at the Scientific Assembly to advance the specialty of emergency medicine in your own country
- Must submit the application and supporting materials prior to the deadline of September 30, 2022 (entries after the application deadline will be considered only if funds permit)
- Must be committed to a sustained relationship with AAEM and the International Committee
- International AAEM members will receive priority consideration; non-members who are awarded scholarships will be encouraged to become AAEM members. (Join or renew as an AAEM International Member.)
- Priority consideration will be given to application from low and middle income countries in which there has not be an award granted in the previous three years.
- The maximum amount of funds for scholarship awards is $2,000 (USD) total, to be divided by the AAEM International Committee, and as approved by the AAEM Board.
If you would like more information about the application process, email Kathy Uy, MS CMP DES.
Dr. Nai Chi Wynn – Myanmar
Dr. Indranil Das – India
Dr. Rajani Giri – Nepal
Dr. Yassin Ahmed – Sudan
Dr. Ankit Kumar Sahu – India
Dr. Kwame Ekremet – Ghana
Dr. Esmail Dawood Sangey – Tanzania
Dr. Carlos E. Orellana-Jimenez – San Salvador
Dr. Wesam Mamdouh Abd El-Rahim Ibrahim – Egypt
Dr. Nino Butskhrikidze – Georgia
Dr. Paul Sedem Glover – Ghana
Dr. Lourdes Rachelle Faikha Colinet – Haiti
Dr. Rosa Tercero Rodezno – Honduras
Dr. Grzegorz Waligora – Poland
Dr. Myat Noe – Myanmar
Dr. Myint Than Htike – Myanmar
Dr. Dorota Rutkowska – Poland
Dr. Janusz Springer – Poland