26th Annual Scientific Assembly
Airway at AAEM
We all have stories to tell. Be bold. Be heard. Tell your story!
When: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 | 6:00pm-9:30pm
Where: Valley of the Sun C
Tales from the ER
We all have stories to tell. They are sometimes funny or inappropriate or heartbreaking. Others affirm our decision to become doctors in the first place. Come to an evening which promises to showcase the great range of human experience — to enlighten minds, expose vulnerabilities, and quietly suggest ways to overcome the challenges we all face each day.
How does it work?
- We are actively RECRUITING STORYTELLERS.
- All stories about ANY TOPIC related to your experience as an emergency physician are welcome.
- If you have a great tale to tell, please email us an audio recording of your complete story. Feedback to refine your story to create the most impact may be provided by the Airway Team.
- Generally there will be about a half dozen pre-selected stories. The remainder of the time will be open mic. There will be the opportunity for interested storytellers to sign up for available spots at the venue.
- No patient identifiers should be included, strict adherence to patient confidentiality must be maintained
- Stories should be less than five minutes long
- A handheld mic and stand will be provided.
- No other props or audio/visual aids will be used.
- Participants in Airway at AAEM are expected to register for the Scientific Assembly.
- Keep in mind that there are many lessons to draw from our experiences in the ER. The most valuable stories distill our experience into a positive light and help us see our work in a more favorable way.