Abstract notifications have been issued - Please check your email
Abstract notifications have been sent to the ‘submitter’, on 22 June. A separate email notification has been sent for each submitted abstract. If the ‘submitter’ did not receive a notification please contact email@example.com.
Further details regarding acceptance for oral presentation or poster presentation, will be sent on/by 14 July.
Eligibility and Rules
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Members of AAEM and MAEM, as well as non-members are eligible to submit abstracts.
- You cannot submit the same abstract for Oral or Poster Presentation, Poster Presentation Only and Case Report (poster presentation only).
- All health care professionals, physicians, nurses, paramedics, students, administrators, and other medical providers are all encouraged to participate.
- Submitting an abstract does not register you for MEMC22. You must register and pay the applicable registration fee for the Congress.
- The Abstract Committee will consider for acceptance abstracts that have been previously presented at other national, regional, and international scientific meetings.
- Abstracts can only be submitted online.
There are three (3) abstract submission formats to select from:
- Poster Only Presentation (I want my abstract to be considered for poster presentation only)
- Oral or Poster Presentation (I want my abstract to be considered for oral or poster presentation)
- Case Report (considered for poster only presentation) — new for MEMC22!
You cannot submit the same abstract for Oral or Poster Presentation, Poster Presentation Only and Case Report (poster presentation only).
Please read the following section before submitting your abstract for review. The size limit includes Abstract Title and Abstract Body. Please refrain from using special characters within the abstract text.
Abstracts should adhere to the following:
- The complete abstract must not exceed 100 characters for the TITLE / 2,500 characters for the BODY (Objective, Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions).
- Title: Capitalize only the first letter in each word in the title (ex: This is My Abstract Title)
- Spell out words; do not use abbreviations.
- The title and text cannot include advertising of any product or company.
All communications and notifications regarding abstract submissions will be sent to the person identified as the ‘Submitter’ in the online abstract submission form.
A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word for which it stands. Non-proprietary (generic) drug names should be used and should be written without capitals.
If you are including tables or figures within your abstract, you must enter the appropriate ID tag in the abstract body. Tags must be entered as shown - [table1] for your first table; [table2] for your second table; [figure1] for your first figure; [figure2] for your second figure.
- Abdominal / GI
- Administration (incl. medicolegal and career advancement)
- Airway and Pulmonary
- Behavioral Health
- Conflict and Disaster Medicine
- Critical Care
- Education & Post-Graduate Training
- Emergency Medical Services & Pre-hospital Care
- Endocrine / metabolic / nutrition (incl. diabetes, renal)
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurological (incl. stroke)
- Orthopedics & Musculoskeletal
- Pain & Palliative Care
- Social Justice & Public Health (incl. diversity, equity, inclusion, disparities)
- Toxicology & Environmental
Accepted poster and oral abstracts must have a presenter register and attend the MEMC22 Congress to present their abstract(s), and should plan to attend from 22-24 September 2022, as poster and oral presentation dates are subject to change.
It is not mandatory that the first author be pre-registered and present; the presenter may be any of the contributing authors or a colleague. The presenting author or colleague must plan to attend the Congress in full as oral and poster presentation assignments will not be rescheduled in order to accommodate personal travel plans. Please do not submit an abstract unless you are prepared to travel to the 22-24 September 2022 to present your research.
You may withdraw an abstract at any time while abstract submissions is open. If you decide to withdraw an abstract, please follow the steps in the system under “Submission Status” to withdraw your abstract. There is no penalty to withdraw your abstract.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to withdraw your submitted abstract after the abstract submission period closes (11 April 2022), your request to withdraw must be received in writing no later than 22 August 2022.
The MEMC22 Abstract Committee will review all abstracts. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed in blinded fashion. Abstract scoring and acceptance will be based strictly on merit. Authors are required to select one category under which their abstract should be reviewed during the submission process.
The Committee will be directed to reject abstracts for the following causes:
- Plagiarism detected
- Subject not related to the field of Emergency Medicine
- Does not meet basic submission requirements
Authors will be notified if their abstract has been selected for oral or poster presentation in May 2022 (subject to change). Further details regarding placement as an oral or poster presentation, as well as date of presentation will follow as soon as possible. If you do not receive any notification of your abstract's status, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. The final schedule for presentation will be provided by July 2022 (subject to change).
Terms and Conditions
AAEM expects that all abstracts selected for presentation will be presented by the original author(s) and that no submitted abstracts will be withdrawn. Please do not submit an abstract if you are not prepared to travel to the meeting and present it in the session selected by AAEM.
Accepted abstract presenters should plan to attend the MEMC22 Congress 22-24 September 2022, in its entirety as poster and oral presentation dates are subject to change. Oral and poster presentation assignments will not be rescheduled in order to accommodate personal travel plans.
AAEM only accepts original work. By submitting your abstract, you affirm that your abstract is your own, either individually or of the group.