Oral Abstract schedule notifications were sent on 7 July, to the 'submitter'.
Oral Abstract notifications, which included the session and date you are assigned to present, were sent to the 'submitter'. If you did not receive the email notification, please email Leah Skogman.
Final oral abstract number and presenting time within the assigned session will be sent on/by Monday, 1 August 2022. Assigned session and session times are subject to change.
Oral Abstract Presenter
One author or colleague must present the abstract during the assigned oral abstract session time to present your research and answer questions from viewers. The presenting author or colleague must plan to attend the Congress in full as oral presentation assignments will not be rescheduled in order to accommodate personal travel plans.
Please email Leah Skogman by Friday, 15 July only if you need to withdraw your abstract; otherwise you will receive your oral abstract number and presentation session time assignment on/by Monday, 1 August.
Registration and Housing
AAEM and MAEM do not have funds to provide financial support or offer scholarships. You are responsible for your own travel, transportation, lodging or other expenses to present your abstract. Please keep the following in mind in preparation for travel to the Congress:
- Register for MEMC22
An author or colleague must register for the Congress in order to present. Early-bird registration rates are available until 22 August 2022, 11:59pm, CDT. Don't miss out - take advantage and save. Register NOW!
- Book Your Hotel
For information on hotel options and to make your hotel reservation, please visit the housing webpage.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- You will have a total of 12 minutes for your presentation; 10 minutes to present and 2 minutes for questions and answers. The Moderator(s) will notify you of your remaining time during your presentation in order to keep the session on schedule.
- Speakers must submit presentations in advance to the Speaker Ready Room at InterContinental Malta Hotel a minimum of 3 hours in advance of their scheduled presentation time. Please plan ahead.
- An MEMC22 PowerPoint template is an optimal way to enhance your presentation and can be downloaded here. The PowerPoint format is widescreen (16:9). All material must be contained within the PowerPoint presentation.
- A projector, screen, laptop and microphone will be provided in each session room. Flash drives, personal computers or changing the AV equipment in the room is not permitted.
- Macintosh users, please convert your presentation file to a PC-formatted readable file to upload in the Speaker Ready Room.
- Presenters must bring a copy of all external files contained within their PowerPoint presentation, such as a sound file (wav, avi, mpeg, etc.) in one file folder.
- Speakers are asked to attend the session they are assigned to in its entirety.
Oral Abstract Awards
Three (3) oral abstracts, selected by the MEMC22 Executive & Abstract Committees, will present at the Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, 21 September 2022.