Wellness 5K Fun Run and Walk
Where: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
When: Monday, April 9th at 6:30am
Event capacity: 150 participants*
The AAEM Physician Wellness and Burnout Prevention Committee is excited to bring back AAEM's second 5K Fun Run and Walk! It is the Wellness Committee's mission to make the AAEM Scientific Assembly a motivational retreat where members leave feeling a renewed passion for emergency medicine. The AAEM18 Fun Run is part of the committee's initiative to bring physical wellness practices to the annual conference.
*You must be registered to attend AAEM18 in order to register for the fun run. You will be required to fill out a liability waiver in order to participate in this event.
Helpful Tips to Get On Your Mark for the Fun Run and Walk:
- Register for the 5K when you register for Scientific Assembly – Registration for the 5K is $30, which includes a t-shirt in sizes S-XL (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an extended size). Pick-up your shirt on Sunday at Opening Reception.
- Bib me – Look for your bib in your registration packet that can be picked up at the AAEM18 registration desk BEFORE race day.
- Have a competitive streak? Only the top five participants will be manually scored for this event. There will be a clock at the finish line for all participants to mark their own finish time.
- Need a pick-me-up pre-race? Visit Starbucks®, conveniently located within the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, for your morning joe. Water stops will be available on the race route and bananas will be provided for an extra boost.
- Why should I participate? For fun in the sun! – Grab your SPF and be well with us! We can’t wait to bring in the day with you, renewing our passion for EM through physical wellness practices.
Day of the Run/Walk:
Check in for the 5K Run and Walk will begin at 5:45am, Monday, April 9th.
The starting line will be located on the North Embarcadero. Please meet at the run registration area to walk together to the start line.
Wellness Fun Run and Walk Route (click image to enlarge)