AAEM Announces 2019 Board of Directors Election Results
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 8, 2019
MILWAUKEE — The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) is pleased to announce that Luis E. Gomez, Sr., MD MBA FAAEM and Carol Pak-Teng, MD FAAEM were elected to two-year terms as at-large board members.
Robert Frolichstein, MD FAAEM; Bobby Kapur, MD MPH FAAEM; and Evie G. Marcolini, MD FAAEM FACEP were re-elected to two-year terms as at-large board members.
Phillip A. Dixon, MD MPH FAAEM was elected to serve as the Young Physicians Section (YPS) director. The YPS director position is a one-year term.
Joseph Wood, MD JD MAAEM FAAEM was appointed to serve at the Past Presidents Council Representative for a two-year term.
Dr. Gomez is Assistant Professor at Howard University College of Medicine in Washington, D.C. and Dr. Pak-Teng is an Attending Emergency Physician at RWJBH Jersey City Medical Center of EMA/Envision Physicians Services in Summit, NJ.
Dr. Frolichstein is President and Chief Executive Officer at Greater San Antonio Emergency Physicians in San Antonio, TX; Dr. Kapur is Chief of Emergency Medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL; Dr. Marcolini is Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine and Critical Care at University of Vermont College of Medicine in Burlington, VT.
Dr. Dixon is Associate Professor for the Department of Emergency Medicine at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
Dr. Wood is an emergency physician at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ.
The AAEM board of directors also includes:
- President: David A. Farcy, MD FCCM FAAEM – 2020
- President-Elect: Lisa Moreno, MD MS MSCR FAAEM – 2020
- Secretary-Treasurer: Jonathan S. Jones, MD FAAEM – 2020
- Past President: Mark Reiter, MD MBA FAAEM – 2020
- At-Large Board Members: Kevin Beier, MD FAAEM – 2020; Terrence Mulligan, DO MPH FAAEM – 2020; Thomas Tobin, MD MBA FAAEM – 2020
- AAEM/RSA President: MohammedMoiz Qureshi, MD – May 2019
- Editor, Journal of Emergency Medicine, Ex-Officio Board Member: Stephen R.
Hayden, MD FAAEM
- Editor, Common Sense, Ex-Officio Board Member: Andy Mayer, MD FAAEM
AAEM congratulates the candidates on their election.
The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) is the specialty society
of emergency medicine and the champion of the emergency physician.