AAEM Announces 2018 Board of Directors Election Results
April 26, 2018
MILWAUKEE — The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) is pleased to announce that:
- Lisa Moreno-Walton, MD MS MSCR FAAEM, was elected President-Elect
- Jonathan S. Jones, MD FAAEM, was elected Secretary-Treasurer
- Kevin Beier, MD FAAEM; Terrence Mulligan, DO MPH FAAEM; and Thomas Tobin, MD MBA FAAEM, were elected to two-year terms as at-large board members.
- Jennifer Kanapicki Comer, MD FAAEM, was re-elected to serve as the Young Physicians Section (YPS) director. The YPS director position is a one-year term.
Dr. Moreno-Walton is a Professor of Emergency Medicine and Director of Research, Diversity and Viral Testing at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, LA; Dr. Jones is an Attending Physician at Merit Health Central in Jackson, MS; Dr. Beier is Assistant Professor and Associate Residency Program Director at University of Tennessee-Nashville, Emergency Medicine Residency Program in Nashville, TN; Dr. Mulligan is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine; and Dr. Tobin is a practicing emergency physician at Pullman Regional Hospital in Pullman, WA and Lourdes Medical Center in Pasco, WA.
Dr. Kanapicki Comer is Assistant Residency Director and Assistant Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Stanford University in Stanford, CA.
The AAEM board of directors also includes:
- President: David A. Farcy, MD FCCM FAAEM – 2020
- Past President: Mark Reiter, MD MBA FAAEM – 2020
- Past Presidents Council Representative: Howard Blumstein, MD FAAEM – 2019
- At-Large Board Members: Robert Frolichstein, MD FAAEM – 2019; Megan Healy, MD FAAEM – 2019; Bobby Kapur, MD MPH – 2019
- AAEM/RSA President: Ashely Alker, MD MSc – 2018
- Editor, Journal of Emergency Medicine, Ex-Officio Board Member: Stephen R. Hayden, MD FAAEM
- Editor, Common Sense, Ex-Officio Board Member: Andy Mayer, MD FAAEM
AAEM congratulates the candidates on their election.
The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) is the specialty society of
emergency medicine and the champion of the emergency physician.