Common Sense is a bi-monthly member magazine that reports on all AAEM activities and news from the world of emergency medicine. It is delivered to the AAEM membership* six times a year, which currently stands at over 8,000 emergency physicians, residents, and others with an interest in emergency medicine. * International members receive an online subscription only.
Interested in submitting an article? Learn more.
On November 7, 2018 the National Rifle Association (NRA) tweeted, “Someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane...
By now, the kids are back in school, academic centers are getting swamped with rotating medical students...
From the Editor's Desk
AAEM completed a membership survey of the active membership in an effort to know what our members are thinking...
In my last article, I discussed the sadly common feeling of despair in our specialty...
We could not be more excited for Scientific Assembly 2019 in Las Vegas. Don’t gamble on missing any...
In the bend of the south Texas coast, a community comes together to reflect on a year gone by since many lost everything...
Dollars & Sense
If you read financial blogs or follow the financial news, you probably read multiple articles about...
Unlike Robert Kiyosaki, I only have one Dad. I did have two grandfathers though...
The Master of AAEM Series
- Achieving Great Outcomes in Your Discharged ED Patients - Tom Scaletta, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- AAEM: Now More Than Ever! - Larry Weiss, MD JD MAAEM FAAEM
- Welcome to the Tribe: Thoughts on Starting Out in EM - Joe Lex, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- Where Would EM be Without AAEM? - Robert McNamara, MD MAAEM FAAEM
Medical Liability - State by State
- Part 1: Alabama-Florida
- Part 2: Georgia-Maine
- Part 3: Maryland-North Dakota
- Part 4: Ohio-Rhode Island
- Part 5: South Carolina-Wyoming
- The Final Summary
Cracking the Code: Fixing the Crowded Emergency Department
- Part 1: Building the Burning Platform
- Part 2: Creating the Analytic Model
- Part 3: Implementing the Solution