Common Sense is a bi-monthly member magazine that reports on all AAEM activities and news from the world of emergency medicine. It is delivered to the AAEM membership* six times a year, which currently stands at over 8,000 emergency physicians, residents, and others with an interest in emergency medicine. * International members receive an online subscription only.
Interested in submitting an article? Learn more.
When I speak at emergency medicine residencies nationwide about what AAEM stands for, it still amazes me that...
This will not be another article on wellness, but rather about the reality of the effects of lack of wellness...
From the Editor's Desk
If you have never seen the brilliant movie, Network, you should find it and watch it as soon as you can...
A pilgrimage is a journey or search of moral or spiritual significance.
In the 25 years since AAEM’s founding, the Academy has been very active in advocacy and legal efforts on behalf of individual...
You may have heard it said that we really don’t have a health care system, rather a health care mess...
Dollar & Sense
I manage most of my finances, but I regularly get help from a Certified Financial Planner from Vanguard. I figure that it can only help to get an expert second opinion...
Whether you are managing your investments by yourself or getting help, you need to understand one critical concept...
The Master of AAEM Series
- AAEM: Now More Than Ever! - Larry Weiss, MD JD MAAEM FAAEM
- Welcome to the Tribe: Thoughts on Starting Out in EM - Joe Lex, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- Where Would EM be Without AAEM? - Robert McNamara, MD MAAEM FAAEM
Medical Liability - State by State
- Part 1: Alabama-Florida
- Part 2: Georgia-Maine
- Part 3: Maryland-North Dakota
- Part 4: Ohio-Rhode Island
- Part 5: South Carolina-Wyoming
- The Final Summary
Cracking the Code: Fixing the Crowded Emergency Department
- Part 1: Building the Burning Platform
- Part 2: Creating the Analytic Model
- Part 3: Implementing the Solution