Common Sense is a bi-monthly member magazine that reports on all AAEM activities and news from the world of emergency medicine. It is delivered to the AAEM membership* six times a year, which currently stands at over 8,000 emergency physicians, residents, and others with an interest in emergency medicine. * International members receive an online subscription only.
Interested in submitting an article? Learn more.
By now, the kids are back in school, academic centers are getting swamped with rotating medical students...
When I speak at emergency medicine residencies nationwide about what AAEM stands for, it still amazes me that...
From the Editor's Desk
In my last article, I discussed the sadly common feeling of despair in our specialty...
If you have never seen the brilliant movie, Network, you should find it and watch it as soon as you can...
In the bend of the south Texas coast, a community comes together to reflect on a year gone by since many lost everything...
In the 25 years since AAEM’s founding, the Academy has been very active in advocacy and legal efforts on behalf of individual...
Dollar & Sense
Unlike Robert Kiyosaki, I only have one Dad. I did have two grandfathers though...
I manage most of my finances, but I regularly get help from a Certified Financial Planner from Vanguard. I figure that it can only help to get an expert second opinion...
The Master of AAEM Series
- AAEM: Now More Than Ever! - Larry Weiss, MD JD MAAEM FAAEM
- Welcome to the Tribe: Thoughts on Starting Out in EM - Joe Lex, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- Where Would EM be Without AAEM? - Robert McNamara, MD MAAEM FAAEM
Medical Liability - State by State
- Part 1: Alabama-Florida
- Part 2: Georgia-Maine
- Part 3: Maryland-North Dakota
- Part 4: Ohio-Rhode Island
- Part 5: South Carolina-Wyoming
- The Final Summary
Cracking the Code: Fixing the Crowded Emergency Department
- Part 1: Building the Burning Platform
- Part 2: Creating the Analytic Model
- Part 3: Implementing the Solution