Common Sense is a bi-monthly member magazine that reports on all AAEM activities and news from the world of emergency medicine. It is delivered to the AAEM membership* six times a year, which currently stands at over 8,000 emergency physicians, residents, and others with an interest in emergency medicine. * International members receive an online subscription only.
I just finished reading a very stimulating article that drew an interesting comparison between the airline industry and...
We need your brain power, your expertise, your service, your involvement, and your infectious energy.
From the Editor's Desk
Do you ever feel like a hamster running endlessly on a wheel while you are working a shift in the emergency department?
An emergency physician who grew up in the 21st century may not know or appreciate the complex history of emergency medicine.
Dollar & Sense
Over the last month I’ve looked at a few physician compensation reports from 2017.
Only a small percentage of students get enough financial aid to cover their tuition, housing, books, and fees.
The Masters Column
- Where Would EM be Without AAEM? (PDF) - Robert McNamara, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- Musings of a Master: How I Came to Embrace AAEM (PDF) - David Lawhorn, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- New Series: The Masters Column (PDF) - Anthony DeMond, MD MAAEM FAAEM
Medical Liability - State by State
- Part 1: Alabama-Florida
- Part 2: Georgia-Maine
- Part 3: Maryland-North Dakota
- Part 4: Ohio-Rhode Island
- Part 5: South Carolina-Wyoming
- The Final Summary
Cracking the Code: Fixing the Crowded Emergency Department
- Part 1: Building the Burning Platform
- Part 2: Creating the Analytic Model
- Part 3: Implementing the Solution