Common Sense is a bi-monthly member magazine that reports on all AAEM activities and news from the world of emergency medicine. It is delivered to the AAEM membership* six times a year, which currently stands at over 8,000 emergency physicians, residents, and others with an interest in emergency medicine. * International members receive an online subscription only.
Interested in submitting an article? Learn more.
I want to share my sincere gratitude to the membership of AAEM for another fantastic Scientific Assembly...
I just finished reading a very stimulating article that drew an interesting comparison between the airline industry and...
From the Editor's Desk
Emergency medicine will face many significant challenges in the coming years...
Do you ever feel like a hamster running endlessly on a wheel while you are working a shift in the emergency department?
Dollar & Sense
In early 2018, the US stock market took about a 10% dive, followed by a partial recovery...
Over the last month I’ve looked at a few physician compensation reports from 2017.
The Master of AAEM Series
- Welcome to the Tribe: Thoughts on Starting Out in EM - Joe Lex, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- Where Would EM be Without AAEM? - Robert McNamara, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- Musings of a Master: How I Came to Embrace AAEM - David Lawhorn, MD MAAEM FAAEM
Medical Liability - State by State
- Part 1: Alabama-Florida
- Part 2: Georgia-Maine
- Part 3: Maryland-North Dakota
- Part 4: Ohio-Rhode Island
- Part 5: South Carolina-Wyoming
- The Final Summary
Cracking the Code: Fixing the Crowded Emergency Department
- Part 1: Building the Burning Platform
- Part 2: Creating the Analytic Model
- Part 3: Implementing the Solution