Common Sense is a bi-monthly member magazine that reports on all AAEM activities and news from the world of emergency medicine. It is delivered to the AAEM membership* six times a year, which currently stands at over 8,000 emergency physicians, residents, and others with an interest in emergency medicine. * International members receive an online subscription only.
Interested in submitting an article? Learn more.
This will not be another article on wellness, but rather about the reality of the effects of lack of wellness...
I want to share my sincere gratitude to the membership of AAEM for another fantastic Scientific Assembly...
From the Editor's Desk
A pilgrimage is a journey or search of moral or spiritual significance.
Emergency medicine will face many significant challenges in the coming years...
Dollar & Sense
Whether you are managing your investments by yourself or getting help, you need to understand one critical concept...
In early 2018, the US stock market took about a 10% dive, followed by a partial recovery...
The Master of AAEM Series
- AAEM: Now More Than Ever! - Larry Weiss, MD JD MAAEM FAAEM
- Welcome to the Tribe: Thoughts on Starting Out in EM - Joe Lex, MD MAAEM FAAEM
- Where Would EM be Without AAEM? - Robert McNamara, MD MAAEM FAAEM
Medical Liability - State by State
- Part 1: Alabama-Florida
- Part 2: Georgia-Maine
- Part 3: Maryland-North Dakota
- Part 4: Ohio-Rhode Island
- Part 5: South Carolina-Wyoming
- The Final Summary
Cracking the Code: Fixing the Crowded Emergency Department
- Part 1: Building the Burning Platform
- Part 2: Creating the Analytic Model
- Part 3: Implementing the Solution