Abstract submission for the 2019 Mediterranean Emergency Medicine Congress (MEMC19) is now open!
Submission Deadline: 13 May 2019
Eligibility and Rules
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Members of AAEM and MAEM, as well as non-members are eligible to submit abstracts.
- You cannot submit the same abstract for the Oral or Poster Presentation and Poster Presentation Only.
- All health care professionals, physicians, nurses, paramedics, students, administrators and other medical providers are all encouraged to participate.
- Submitting an abstract does not register you for MEMC19. You must register for the Congress.
- The Research Forum will consider for acceptance abstracts that have been previously presented at other national, regional, and international scientific meetings.
- Abstracts can be submitted online only.
Abstract Submission Format
Please read the following section before submitting your abstract for review. Please limit the total abstract text to 2,500 characters (including spaces). The size limit includes Abstract Title and Abstract Body. Please refrain from using special characters within the abstract text.
Abstracts should adhere to the following format:
- The complete abstract must not exceed 100 characters for the TITLE and 2800 characters for the BODY.
- Type the text, including tables and figures, in single-line spacing.
- FONT: Use only Times New Roman 11. Do not use smaller or larger Font.
- TITLE: Capitalize only the first letter in each word in the title.
- AUTHORS: List author names using initials only for first and middle names.
- FULL AND BLINDED: You will be asked to submit a full and a blinded version in Word doc format only. In the blinded version please omit author names, institution, country, city, state, street addresses, and ZIP codes.
- TEXT: begin the text on a new line. The text should be arranged to the following four (4) headings: Objective, Design and Method, Results and Conclusions
- Spell out words; do not use abbreviations.
- The title and text cannot include advertising of any product or company.
All communications and notifications regarding abstract submissions will be sent only to the person identified as ‘Presenting Author’ in the online abstract submission form.
A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word for which it stands. Non-proprietary (generic) drug names should be used and should be written without capitals.
If you are including tables or figures within your abstract, you must enter the appropriate ID tag in the abstract body. Tags must be entered as shown - [table1] for your first table; [table2] for your second table; [figure1] for your first figure; [figure2] for your second figure.
Attendance is Required
Accepted poster and oral abstracts must have a presenter be in attendance at the MEMC19 Congress in Dubrovnik, Croatia to present their poster(s), and should plan to attend from 22-25 September, 2019, as poster and oral presentation dates are subject to change.
It is not mandatory that the first author be pre-registered and present; the presenter may be any of the contributing authors or a colleague.
Registration for the MEMC19 Congress will open 4 March, 2019.
Please do not submit an abstract unless you are prepared to travel to the MEMC19 Congress 22-25 September, 2019 to present your research.
Withdrawing an Abstract
You may withdraw an abstract at any time while abstract submissions is open. If you decide to withdraw an abstract, please follow the steps in the system under “Submission Status” to withdraw your abstract. There is no penalty to withdraw your abstract.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to withdraw your submitted abstract after the abstract submission period closes (13 May, 2019), withdrawals must be received in writing by 8 July, 2019. If your withdrawal request is received after 8 July, 2019, it cannot be withdrawn and will remain a part of the MEMC19 Final Program.
The top 50 scoring abstracts will be published in either the Journal of Emergency Medicine or Western Journal of Emergency Medicine.
The MEMC19 Abstract Committee will review all abstracts. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed in blinded fashion. Abstract scoring and acceptance will be based strictly on merit. Authors were required to select one category under which their abstract should be reviewed.
The Committee shall be directed to reject abstracts for the following causes:
- Plagiarism detected
- Subject not related to the field of emergency medicine
- Does not meet basic submission requirements
Authors will be notified if their abstract has been selected for oral or poster presentation in July 2019. Further details regarding placement as an oral or poster presentation, as well as date of presentation will follow as soon as possible. If you do not receive any notification of your abstract's status, please contact: email@example.com. The final schedule for presentation will be provided by early August.
Terms and Conditions
AAEM expects that all abstracts selected for presentation will be presented by the original author(s) and that no submitted abstracts will be withdrawn. Please do not submit an abstract if you are not prepared to travel to the meeting and present it in the session selected by AAEM.
Accepted abstract presenters should plan to attend the MEMC19 Congress 22-25 September, 2019, in its entirety as poster and oral presentation dates are subject to change.
AAEM only accepts original work. By submitting your abstract, you affirm that your abstract is your own, either individually or of the group. Should plagiarism be detected, the abstract will be rejected.