This Emergency Ultrasound Section is founded to foster the professional development of its members and to educate them regarding point of care ultrasound. The committee will develop educational opportunities at the annual Scientific Assembly as well as other AAEM sponsored programs, including regional and international symposia. This group will serve as a venue for collaboration among medical students, residents, fellows, and emergency medicine practitioners who are interested in point of care ultrasound. The purpose of our group is to augment the knowledge and expertise of all emergency medicine specialists and to advocate for patient safety and quality care by endorsing bedside ultrasound. Membership is not limited to fellowship trained physicians. All emergency medicine practitioners passionate about ultrasound are welcome to join and participate. This group will work closely with the RSA to provide mentorship to medical students and residents who are interested in emergency medicine and point of care ultrasound.
- Disseminate information about ultrasound amongst emergency medicine practitioners regardless of practice setting and experience
- Deliver ongoing educational opportunities for emergency medicine specialists
- Provide resources for the advancement of point of care ultrasound
- Forum for collaboration to encourage ultrasound research and exchange of ideas
- Create regional, national, and international opportunities for providers to convene
- Support fellowship training and research
- Promote resident and medical student education
- Foster program development
- Endorse policy and guideline development
- Collaborate with other specialties utilizing ultrasound
Voting is now closed for the 2019 EUS-AAEM Board of Directors Election.
Voting in the election is an EUS-AAEM member benefit and you must be current on your EUS-AAEM dues in order to access the online ballot. If you have not yet renewed for the 2019 year, renew today!
If you have any questions about the EUS-AAEM election or renewing your membership, please contact us at email@example.com.
Eric Chin, MD MBA FAAEM
Immediate Past President
Mark Magee, MD
Michael Gottlieb, MD FAAEM RDMS
Allison Zanaboni, MD FAAEM
Katharine Burns, MD FAAEM
Kristine Jeffers, MD
Melissa Myers, MD FAAEM
Alexis Salerno, MD
Neeharika Bhatnagar, MD