The Emergency Medical Services Section of AAEM (EMSS-AAEM) is founded to foster the professional development of its members and to educate them regarding the principles and current activities pertaining to prehospital care. The purpose of this group is to strengthen core knowledge for all emergency physicians who interact with EMS. EMSS-AAEM will be a centralized point of communication for medical students, residents, fellows, and emergency medicine practitioners who are interested in furthering the education of emergency physicians in the latest prehospital knowledge and research. Membership is not limited to fellowship trained physicians. All emergency physicians interested in prehospital care are encouraged to join and participate.
- Deliver ongoing educational opportunities for emergency medicine specialists
- Advocate for the due process rights of EMS medical directors
- Promote resident and medical student EMS education
- Support EMS fellow education, research, and employment
- Encourage prehospital research and performance improvement
- Endorse policy and guideline development
Nominations for the Emergency Medical Services Section Council are now open. Self-nominations are allowed and encouraged. Submit a nomination for any open position below.
- Section Chair (1)
- Section Chair-Elect (1)
- Secretary/Finance Chair (1)
- Councilor (4)
- Resident and Student Association (AAEM/RSA) Representative (1)
Deadline to submit a nomination: January 20, 2020 at 11:59pm CT