Practice Fairness Committee
Who We Are
- The development of web-based practice management surveys.
- The development of a scale to rate the fair value offered to an EP by an EM group.
- The creation of a request-for-evaluation pathway, through which the PFC would use the Toolkit to render a detailed opinion on a specific arrangement in question. Such opinions would be published for the benefit of AAEM members. The cumulative organizational learning that would occur through this process will increase the overall degree of fairness in practice arrangements open to AAEM members.
- The creation of a summary of best practices identified in the survey and of a “Perfect EM Practice Model,” as a theoretical ideal to inspire management innovation in existing EM groups.
- The development of feedback mechanisms to drive the PFC and Toolkit to the highest level of value to Academy members. Input from AAEM members on all aspects of the PFC concept and its implementation will be accepted, reviewed, published, and integrated into the process.
Committee Chair: John Christensen, MD FAAEM
Board Liaison: David A. Farcy, MD FCCM FAAEM
- Introduction to the Trusted Advocate of Fairness in Emergency Medicine™ project (PDF) from the November/December 2013 issue of Common Sense
- Table of Contents to the Trusted Advocate of Fairness™ project (PDF) from the January/February 2014 issue of Common Sense
- Development of the Practice Fairness Council (PFC)™
- Continued development of an AAEM Practice Fairness Toolkit (the Toolkit)™