Who We Are
- Liaison to international EM societies and organizations on common issues affecting the AAEM membership and the specialty of EM.
- Foster the development of an International Emergency Medicine Interest Group.
- Coordinate AAEM-sponsored Mediterranean Emergency Medicine Congresses.
- Analyze and develop opportunities for exchange of information, education and ideas with international EM societies and organizations.
Committee Chair: Ashley Bean, MD FAAEM FIFEM
Vice Chair: Shahram Lotfipour, MD MPH FAAEM
Board Liaison: Terrence Mulligan, DO MPH FAAEM
- Updating the international committee webpage with recommended and jointly sponsored conference information. View all AAEM-provided and recommended conferences.
- Annual International Scholarship - this program allows AAEM to invite and offer full or partial funding to selected international emergency physicians and/or emergency medicine residents/registrars. Learn more about the AAEM19 Scholarship.
Articles in Common Sense
- International Scholarship Winner - Dr. Rosa María Tecero Rodezno (September/October 2018)
- International Scholarship Winner - Dr. Myat Noe (July/August 2018)
Common Sense Articles
- What Happened in Vegas, Didn’t Stay In Vegas! - Dorota Rutkowska, MD - March/April 2018
- Emergency Physician Working as an EM Consultant in UK and Poland - Grzegorz Waligora, MD PhD - May/June 2018
- International Scholarship Winners - Myint Than Htike and Myat Noe - July/August 2018