Emergency Medicine Workforce Committee
Who We Are
- Evaluate the impact of APPs in emergency medicine, which can include the following:
- working with state/regional groups to find out how many of our members are affected by APP independent movement, become a resource for members, work with Williams and Jensen and AAEM Advocacy to put legislation bills at the state and federal levels on members' radar to encourage individual letter writing.
- Evaluate the impact of the growth of EM residency programs and APP programs on the emergency medicine workforce including the following:
- complete manuscript publication, investigate avenues to address the issue, including legal implications
Committee Chair: Evie Marcolini, MD FAAEM FACEP FCCM
Vice Chair: Julie Vieth, MBChB FAAEM
APP or the EM Workforce Concern Form
If you are an AAEM member and wish to submit a question or concern for the AAEM EM Workforce Committee to review, please use this form. Concerns regarding the unsupervised practice of advanced practice providers (APPs) or the replacement of physicians by APPs may be submitted for review.
- AAEM Position Statement on the Emergency Medicine Workforce (4/3/2019)
- Updated Position Statement on Advanced Practice Providers (1/29/2019)