Purpose and Mission Statement
FLAAEM is constituted and formed for the purpose of conducting research and professional and public education, to restrain the cost, improve the quality and promote the integrity of the practice and management of Emergency Medicine in the State of Florida, including, without limitation, the development, publication and promotion of appropriate branches and professional standards in the emergency Medicine industry, and to do any other act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing purpose or in advancement thereof, but not for the pecuniary profit or financial gain.
The Florida Chapter Division of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (FLAAEM) is a democratic organization committed to the following principles:
- Every individual should have unencumbered access to quality emergency care provided by a specialist in emergency medicine.
- The practice of emergency medicine is best conducted by a specialist in emergency medicine.
- A specialist in emergency medicine is a physician who has achieved, through personal dedication and sacrifice, certification by either the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM).
- The personal and professional welfare of the individual specialist in emergency medicine is a primary concern to the FLAAEM.
- FLAAEM supports fair and equitable practice environments necessary to allow the specialist in emergency medicine to deliver the highest quality of patient care. Such an environment includes provisions for due process and the absence of restrictive covenants.
- FLAAEM supports the growth of residency programs and graduate medical education, which are essential to the continued enrichment of Emergency Medicine, and to ensure a high quality of care for the patient.
Ramon Pabalan, MD FAAEM
Immediate Past President
Vicki Norton, MD FAAEM
Steven Parr, DO FAAEM
Michael Dalley, DO FAAEM
Past President’s Council Representative
Mark Foppe, DO FAAEM
Wanda E. Cruz, DO FAAEM
Patricia Panakos, MD FAAEM
Rian Pillitteri, MD FAAEM
Alexandra Terskiy, MD FAAEM
Director - FLAAEM Scientific Assembly Planning Committee
Joseph Shiber, MD FAAEM FACP FCCM
Resident Member Representative – Central Florida
Andrew Glickman, DO MS
Resident Member Representative – North Florida
Davis Wood, DO
Resident Member Representative – South Florida
Ali Syed, MD
Medical Student Member Representative
Emily Prince Ralby
Florida Chapter Division of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (FLAAEM)
555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202