Recommended Conference and Course Guidelines
AAEM will use the following guidelines when considering recommendation of outside conferences and courses related to the specialized practice of emergency medicine. Please contact the AAEM office for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-884-2236.
- AAEM will not recommend or support a program that has content or sponsors that are judged not in keeping with the mission and principles of AAEM.
- AAEM will not recommend or support a program that competes with its own existing or planned CME events in terms of content, time, or location.
- AAEM will not forward requests for recommended conferences if they fall within two weeks prior to or following AAEM conferences or meetings.
- AAEM will not incur any financial liability for recommended or supported programs.
- AAEM will not incur any financial liability for co-sponsored programs unless previously stipulated in writing.
- AAEM will not recommend or support a program that does not adhere to current AMA / ACCME sponsorship guidelines.
- For national programs (i.e., those held in the United States), the ACCME Subcommittee will consider recommendation only if:
1) the program director is a full voting member of AAEM or
2) the program is being organized by a recognized Academic Institution or Society, and at least one of the directors is a member of AAEM.
- For international programs (i.e., those held outside of the United States), the International Conference Subcommittee will consider submissions for recommendation only, on an individual basis.
- In order to verify the above criteria, the following documents may be requested:
- Advertising brochure
- Disclosure forms from presenters
- Program evaluations by attendees