While you're getting ready to attend ED Management Solutions: Principles and Practice, take a look at some of the operations management resources that AAEM has to offer!
Operation Management Committee
Interested in Operations Management? Join the AAEM Operations Management Committee!
In this podcast series, Joseph Guarisco, MD FAAEM, ED Chair at Ochsner Hospital (New Orleans, LA), is joined by guests to discuss operations management issues for the emergency physician. Dr. Guarisco is the chair of the Operations Management Committee of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM). Join him each month as he discusses issues of importance to emergency physicians. Click here for episodes on the AAEM website.
Common Sense Articles
Read the recap from last year's event! Recap — ED Management Solutions: Principles and Practice (PDF)
More Common Sense articles from the AAEM Operations Management Committee.
- Crisis Management (July/August 2020)
- Promoting Staff and Patient Safety Through the Creation of an Emergency Department Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct (May/June 2020)
- New Care Model Promotes Early Intervention for Psychiatric Emergencies (March/April 2020)
- Emergency Department Management Solutions: Principles and Practice — Round Two (January/February 2020)
- Reviewing the Peer Review Process: The Reginelli Case (November/December 2019)
- Queuing Patients in the Emergency Department: Can It Work? (September/October 2019)
- Getting Off the Ground: Developing an ED Patient and Family Advocacy Council to Improve Patient Experience (May/June 2019)
- Flow Improvement Strategies: Provider-In-Triage (PIT) (January/February 2019)
- Recap — ED Management Solutions: Principles and Practice (November/December 2018)
- Make Operations Cool (Again?) (September/October 2018)
- ED Crowding and Boarding: A Shift in Strategy (July/August 2018)
- Introducing: The ED Management Solutions Course (March/April 2018)
- Payment, RVUs, and How We're Valued - Perspective of a Young Physician (November/December 2017)
- Operations Management Committee at AAEM17 (March/April 2017)
- Freestanding Emergency Departments: What Can We Learn (September/October 2016)
- Electronic Health Record Implementation in Your Emergency Department (July/August 2016)
- Improving the Patient Experience: Ten High-Yield Interventions (March/April 2016)
- Operational Margin: The Critical Final Pathway in Patient Flow (January/February 2016)
ED Management Solutions Planning Committee
Joseph Guarisco, MD FAAEM FACEP
Joseph Twanmoh, MD MBA FAAEM
Ben White, MD FAAEM