AAEM & AAEM/RSA Advocacy Day
October 20, 2021
Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill
Take your knowledge from HPEM symposium directly to the Hill to advocate for yourself and your patients! Join us for targeted meetings with Congressional Leaders to discuss issues of importance to emergency physicians.
Join AAEM leaders at 7:00am at the Hilton Washington DC Capitol Hill, 525 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001 to walk over together.
Schedule and speakers subject to change.
Meet Up & Breakfast
Meetings on Capitol Hill
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for participants. Congressional representatives will join us for breakfast and/or lunch to discuss topics important to our members including student debt reform.
Note: Participation in the HPEM Symposium is highly encouraged to participate in Advocacy Day.
What can I expect?
- Expect to meet with Members of Congress and/or senior Congressional staff that are relevant to health care policy
- Expect to meet primarily with relevant offices in your home State’s Congressional delegation (House and Senate)
- You will be provided a schedule on the morning of the fly-in that lists the Members and staff you will be meeting with, their biographies, etc.
- Before you arrive in DC, you will be provided talking points and issues to raise during the meetings
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions about the meetings and materials and receive a briefing on lobbying “dos and don’ts” at the breakfast the day of the fly-in
- You will be placed in a small group with several other fly-in participants and accompanied by a guide from Williams & Jensen, that will know their way around the Hill and take you from meeting to meeting, and will carry handouts from AAEM to leave behind at offices
- You will have further opportunities to network and spend time with fellow AAEM and AAEM/RSA members throughout the day and during the debrief on Capitol Hill immediately following the day’s meetings
Attending Advocacy Day? Share your experience with us using #AAEMAdvocacyDay21.