EM Workforce Outlook Issues
- Raising Emergency Medicine Residency Standards (6/23/2021)
- Joint Statement on the EM Workforce (PDF) (6/28/2021)
- AAEM Position Statement on the State of Emergency Medicine (4/12/2021)
- Statement of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) on the Edward-Elmhurst Health Firing of Physicians and Replacement with Non-Physician Providers (12/3/2019)
- AAEM Position Statement on the Emergency Medicine Workforce (4/3/2019)
AAEM EM Workforce Articles
AAEM leadership conducted its own review of data to predict the outlook of the emergency medicine workforce. Read more at the links below.
- The Emergency Medicine Workforce: Shortage Resolving, Future Surplus Expected - Journal of Emergency Medicine April 2020
- The Emergency Medicine Workforce: Profile and Projections - Journal of Emergency Medicine January 2016
NPP or the EM Workforce Concern Form
If you are an AAEM member and wish to submit a question or concern for the AAEM EM Workforce Committee to review, please use this form. Concerns regarding the unsupervised practice of NPPs or the replacement of physicians by NPPs may be submitted for review.