2017 LLSA Review Course
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Salon 21 | 8:00am-12:00pm
This course is designed to provide the experienced emergency physician with an evidence-based review course for all of the required readings for the 2017 LLSA Review. Course content will be discussed both via PowerPoint® and through small group discussion on key topics for each mandated journal article.
Credit Designation Statement
The American Academy of Emergency Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Free to AAEM and AAEM/RSA Members
- Non-AAEM Member: $425
This course is designed for the experienced emergency physician who is required to pass the ABEM 2017 LLSA exam. At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify critical issues in the evaluation and management of aortic dissection.
- Review toxicology as it relates to calcium channel blocker overdose, toxic industrial chemicals and the evaluation and treatment of Delirium Tremens.
- Recognize victims of human trafficking.
- Discuss infection prevention in emergency medicine.
- Review evaluation and management of Lyme Disease.
- Compare imaging options in evaluation of Nephrolithiasis.
- Introduce methods to improve palliative care into emergency medicine setting.
- Review trauma airway management.
- Discuss treatment of venous thromboembolism.
Tentative Course Schedule
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment (LLSA)
Speakers, titles and times are subject to change.
Richard D. Shih, MD FAAEM
Professor of Integrated Medical Science; Director, Emergency Medicine, Department of Integrated Medical Science, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
Michael E. Silverman, MD FAAEM FACP
Vice Chairman - Director of Operations Morristown Medical Center, Clinical Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (SKMC), Morristown, NJ
Download the "2017 LLSA Review Course" toolkit to help spread the word about this pre-conference course. Toolkit contents include:
- Toolkit Guide
- PowerPoint Holding Slide
- Social Media Images
- Email Signature Image