2016 AAEM Accomplishments
- New Practice Guidelines & Clinical Statements
- Does Early Goal-Directed Therapy Decrease Mortality Compared with Standard Care in Patients with Septic Shock? (2/17/2016)
- New Position Statements
- Follow-Up Care (09/14/2016)
- Violent Threats (09/14/2016)
- New Member Benefits
- Educational Offerings
- Included 24 directly provided programs, 23 jointly provided programs, and 7 recommended meetings
- AAEM held the 22nd Annual Scientific Assembly in Las Vegas, NV, with over 1,100 attendees and continued to offer free registration to all members.
- Continued offering of the Written Board Review Course in Orlando, FL
- The Oral Board Review Course continued enhancing attendee experiences through this fall’s implementation of the new eOral simulation software. AAEM has been granted a sub-license for use of eOral software identical to that used for the ABEM Oral Certification Examination. Case content is entirely that of AAEM.
- Coordination of 35 residency program visits which included a clinical or practice management presentation and an AAEM informational talk.
- AAEM and AAEM/RSA’s September Advocacy Day involved meeting targeted congressional leaders to discuss issues of importance to emergency physicians.
- Active meetings with CMS and members of Congress on expanding due process protection for emergency physicians.
- AAEM/RSA Policy and Advocacy Congressional Elective opportunity, offered to all AAEM members.
- Extended residency sponsorships to 19 programs exposing over 400 residents to AAEM’s core mission and values through the AAEM Founders Circle.