- About AAEM
- EM Resources
General Membership Questions
1. What do I get with my membership in AAEM?
For a listing of all member types and benefits, please visit http://www.aaem.org/membership.php. Additionally, if you are a Full Voting member, you will also receive a Certificate of Membership along with a Resuscitation Certification Card.
2. What can I do online as far as membership, etc.?
All of the following, you can do at http://www.aaem.org/membership.php:
Apply for membership
Renew your membership
View member types (along with pricing)
View member benefits
View our Job Bank
Give us feedback
Update your information
Common Sense Questions
1. Can I place an advertisement in Common Sense?
For advertising options, please contact Laura Burns, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What is the schedule of publication for Common Sense?
Common Sense is published in January, March, May, July, September and November of each year.
JEM (Journal of Emergency Medicine) Questions
JEM is published twelve times a year
1. I have not been receiving my JEM, what should I do?
Please email us with your current contact information, including mailing address, phone number and email, and we will be sure to notify the JEM office of the problem.
2. How do I access the JEM online articles?
By logging into your AAEM members only account online, you are now able to access your online JEM subscription without the additional step of logging into the Elsevier website. Once you are logged into your account, simply click on the "Publications" tab and proceed to the link to view your online JEM subscription.
Please note that if you wish to personalize any searches or email alerts you will need to continue to use your personalized login information to access your JEM subscription.
Oral & Written Board Review Course Questions
1. Am I qualified to be an AAEM Oral Board Review Course Examiner?
In order to be qualified, you must be ABEM or AOBEM board certified and have the desire to share your knowledge with emergency medicine physicians taking the Oral Board Exam. You cannot be both an AAEM Review Course Examiner and an ABEM/AOBEM certification exam examiner.
2. Can I register online for the Oral Board Review Course?
Yes, please visit http://www.aaem.org/education/oralboard/
3. Can I register online for the Written Board Review Course?
Yes. Please visit http://www.aaem.org/education/writtenboard/
4. How do I make discounted (if available) hotel reservations for AAEM related courses?
Oral Board Review Course -see online brochure at http://www.aaem.org/education/oralboard/
Written Board Review Course - see online brochure at http://www.aaem.org/education/writtenboard/
5. When are the Board Review Courses?
They are usually 1 to 3 weeks prior to the actual exam in the Spring (April) and Fall (September/October)
6. I did not receive my books for my review course, what do I do?
Please call our office at (800) 884-2236.
7. I did not receive my CME, or it is wrong, what should I do?
Please call our office at (800) 884-2236.
Job Bank Questions
1. How do I post a job on the Job Bank?
Visit http://www.aaem.org/membership/jobbank.php to see requirements, fees and a link to our online posting application.
2. How do I apply for a job in the Job Bank?
Visit http://www.aaem.org/membership/jobbank.php to see requirements, and a current listing of available positions in the US. (Note: You must be an AAEM member to apply for jobs in our Job Bank. If you're not a member and would like to be; visit http://www.aaem.org/membership.php
1. How do I get information on the Airway Management Course?
We no longer offer the course, but you can get information by emailing email@example.com
2. Does AAEM sell/rent the membership list?
3. Can another entity distribute materials to AAEM members?
Yes, but depending on the mailing request, it may require committee approval. If you would like to have something sent to our members, there is a process we can go through to send it for you. Although, there is a $500 base administrative fee for this, along with all other mail house costs that are incurred.
4. If I want to send information to the President of AAEM, how do I do that?
Please send all information/mailings to our offices at:
American Academy of Emergency Medicine
555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3823
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. What types of conferences/events does AAEM endorse?
To be considered for endorsement by AAEM, all conferences/events must be approved by the ACCME subcommittee. To submit a conference/event for review for endorsement, please email the information to email@example.com.
Note: If you still have questions that you were not able to find answers to, please feel free to contact our office at (800) 884-2236 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do all we can to assist you.