2017 Board of Directors Election
Five at-large director positions are open on the AAEM board of directors as well as the Young Physicians Section (YPS) director position.
To be eligible to vote in the 2017 election, your membership with AAEM must be up-to-date for the 2017 year. To renew please visit www.aaem.org/renew or call 800-884-2236 to renew today.
Online Voting Only
New in 2017 ballots will only be available online. We encourage all members to attend the State of the Academy, Town Hall, and Candidates’ Forum at the 23rd Annual Scientific Assembly and all eligible members to cast their vote online.
If You Will Attend the Scientific Assembly:
- We recommend that you do not complete your official ballot at this time. There will be a Candidates’ Forum held during the Scientific Assembly on March 17, 2017, 2:00-3:30pm where you can hear the candidates respond to direct questions from the voting membership. You will be asked to submit your ballot online at the conclusion of that Forum.
- If certain of your choices or unsure if you will attend the Forum, you may vote online by using the link above. Voting will remain open until March 17, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
If You Are Unable to Attend the Scientific Assembly:
- You may complete your official ballot online using the link above. Online voting will remain open until March 17, 2017, at 11:59pm ET.
Thank you for your continued support of AAEM
Please call 800-884-2236 with any questions you may have regarding the election procedure.
AAEM encourages candidates for election to the board of directors who have a previous record of service and commitment to the Academy.
- What Sets Us Apart: These election procedures are truly what make AAEM unique among professional medical associations.
- Democratic Principles: We believe the democratic principles that guide us are one of AAEM's greatest strengths.
- Any Full-Voting Member: In AAEM, any individual full voting member can be nominated and elected to the board of directors. Any YPS member can be nominated and elected to the YPS director position. Self-nominations are allowed and encouraged.