2014 AAEM Board of Directors Election
The president, vice president, secretary-treasurer, and three At-Large positions on the AAEM board of directors are open as well as the Young Physicians Section (YPS) director position.
Decide if you are going to attend the 20th Annual Scientific Assembly, February 11-15, 2014, at The New York Hilton Midtown, NY.
If you will attend the Scientific Assembly:
- We recommend that you do not complete your official ballot at this time. There will be a Candidates’ Forum held during the Scientific Assembly where you can hear the candidates respond to direct questions from the voting membership. You will be asked to submit your ballot at the conclusion of that Forum. Winners will be announced during the conference, and those elected will begin their terms at the conclusion of the Assembly.
- If certain of your choices or unsure if you will attend the Forum, you may vote online by accessing the ballot above. Voting will remain open until February 13, 2014, at midnight ET.
If you are unable to attend Scientific Assembly:
- You may complete your official ballot above. Online voting will remain open until February 13, 2014, at midnight ET.
New Balloting Procedure for 2014
- Voting ballots will be available online only prior to Scientific Assembly.
You may cast your vote electronically or download a paper ballot above. You may submit ballots by mail to AAEM Elections, 555 E. Wells St., Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI, 53202. Please note that the paper ballot will supersede all online voting ballot submissions and all previously submitted ballots will be discarded.
- Voting onsite at Scientific Assembly will occur by paper ballot.
As in previous years, paper ballots will be distributed at the Candidates’ Forum during the Annual Business Meeting to members who have not already cast their vote. Paper ballots will also be available at the registration desk throughout the conference. Online voting will remain open until midnight ET on 2/13/14.
Thank you for your continued support of AAEM. Please call 800-884-2236 with any questions you may have regarding the election procedure.
These election procedures are truly what make AAEM unique among professional medical associations. We believe the democratic principles that guide them are one of AAEM's greatest strengths and are a large part of making us the organization of specialists in emergency medicine. In AAEM, any individual full voting member can be nominated and elected to the board of directors.
Everything You Wanted to Know about Becoming an AAEM Board Director