International Scholarship Program
This new program allows AAEM to invite and offer full or partial funding to selected international emergency physicians and/or emergency medicine residents/registrars.
The goal of this program is to support the Mission and Vision of AAEM and to support the objectives of the AAEM International Committee including: development of liaisons and fostering of opportunities for exchange of information, education, and ideas with international EM societies and organizations.
AAEM has a long history of involvement in international emergency medicine through conferences, committees and the operation of the AAEM Scientific Assembly, and in recent years has increasingly invited and has funded multiple international EM physicians and EM residents for their participation in AAEM Scientific Assembly.
Applications are now closed.
Thank you for your applications the review process is currently underway.
Notice will be sent out to AAEM members via email for scholarship nominations. All names should be submitted to the chair of the International Committee at least six months before the AAEM Scientific Assembly. Applicants should complete the scholarship application in full, including stating the desired funding as well as minimum funding that they can receive and still attend AAEM Scientific Assembly.
The International Committee will vote to select the candidates and recommend them to the AAEM board of directors for final approval.
- Must be a physician faculty or resident/registrar.
- Must be conversant in English.
- Must be an active participant in emergency medicine via clinical practice, teaching, research or administration.
- Must enthusiastically promote the development and evolution of the specialty of emergency medicine within his or her home country.
- Should be an established leader of emergency medicine within his or her home country or have a strong potential to become a leader within this specialty.
- Must indicate an economic disadvantage within the letter of intent such that the applicant would not be able to attend the Scientific Assembly without financial assistance.
- Must be able to utilize the opportunities for the exchange of information, education and ideas offered at the Scientific Assembly to advance the specialty of emergency medicine in his or her own country.
- Must submit the application and supporting materials prior to the deadline. (entries after the application deadline will be considered only if funds permit).
- Must be committed to a sustained relationship with AAEM and the International Committee.
- International AAEM members will receive priority consideration; non-members who are awarded scholarships will be encouraged to become AAEM members.
- Priority consideration will be given to application from low and middle income countries in which there has not be an award granted in the previous three years.
- The maximum amount of funds for scholarship awards is $2,000.00 USD total, to be divided by the AAEM International Committee, and as approved by the AAEM Board.