Wellness at AAEM17
Where: Hyatt Regency-Orlando, StayFit™ Gym (location subject to change within hotel)
When: Saturday, March 18th, 2017 at 6:30am-7:30am
The AAEM Physician Wellness and Burnout Committee is excited to bring Early-Risers Yoga to AAEM17!
It is the Wellness Committee's mission to make the AAEM Scientific Assembly a motivational retreat where members leave feeling a renewed passion for emergency medicine. The AAEM17 Early-Risers Yoga session is part of the committee's initiative to bring physical wellness practices to the annual conference.
Please fill out the form below to indicate your interest in attending this event. This form is NOT a registration, but meant to gauge attendee interest in the session and to determine space needs.
You will be required to fill out a liability waiver on-site in order to participate in this event. Mats and/or towels will be provided by the hotel.
Where: Hyatt Regency-Orlando
When: Sunday, March 19th at 6:30am
Event capacity: 100 participants
The AAEM Physician Wellness and Burnout Committee is excited to introduce AAEM's first ever 5K Fun Run/Walk! It is the Wellness Committee's mission to make the AAEM Scientific Assembly a motivational retreat where members leave feeling a renewed passion for emergency medicine. The AAEM17 Fun Run is part of the committee's initiative to bring physical wellness practices to the annual conference.
Registration coming soon!
*Pre-registration is required for this event. You must be registered to attend AAEM17 in order to register for the fun run.
You will be required to fill out a liability waiver in order to participate in this event.
When: Saturday, March 18th, 2017, 7:30pm-9:30pm
Where: Hyatt Regency - Orchid Room, cash bar available
We all have stories to tell. Be bold. Be heard. Tell your story!
Tales from the ER
We all have stories to tell. They are sometimes funny or inappropriate or heartbreaking. Others affirm our decision to become doctors in the first place. Come to an evening which promises to showcase the great range of human experience — to enlighten minds, expose vulnerabilities, and quietly suggest ways to overcome the challenges we all face each day.
How does it work?
- We are actively RECRUITING STORYTELLERS.
- All stories about ANY TOPIC related to your experience as an emergency physician are welcome.
- If you have a great tale to tell, please email us an audio recording of your complete story. Feedback to refine your story to create the most impact may be provided by the Airway Team.
- Generally there will be about a half dozen pre-selected stories. The remainder of the time will be open mic. There will be the opportunity for interested storytellers to sign up for available spots at the venue.
- No patient identifiers should be included, strict adherence to patient confidentiality must be maintained
- Stories should be less than five minutes long
- A handheld mic and stand will be provided.
- No other props or audio/visual aids will be used.
- Participants in Airway@AAEM are expected to register for the Scientific Assembly.
- Keep in mind that there are many lessons to draw from our experiences in the ER. The most valuable stories distill our experience into a positive light and help us see our work in a more favorable way.
- Directly send your recorded story to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further information including audio file submission process (step by step instructions)
- Review prior airway stories
- Click the below button to be contacted for further information