Wellness 5K Fun Run
Where: Hyatt Regency-Orlando
When: Sunday, March 19th at 6:30am
Event capacity: 300 participants*
Pre-registration for the AAEM Wellness 5K Fun Run/Walk has closed. On-site registration will take place at 5:45am on Sunday, March 19th just inside the doors of the Convention Entrance (on the lobby level, convention center side of the Hyatt)
The AAEM Physician Wellness and Burnout Prevention Committee is excited to introduce AAEM's first ever 5K Fun Run/Walk! It is the Wellness Committee's mission to make the AAEM Scientific Assembly a motivational retreat where members leave feeling a renewed passion for emergency medicine. The AAEM17 Fun Run is part of the committee's initiative to bring physical wellness practices to the annual conference.
*You must be registered to attend AAEM17 in order to register for the fun run. You will be required to fill out a liability waiver in order to participate in this event.
Helpful Tips to Get On Your Mark for the Fun Run/Walk:
- Pre-registration opens February 20th – Pre-registration is highly encouraged! Pre-registration opened to all AAEM17 attendees on Monday, February 20th. Pre-registration closed Thursday, March 9th at 11:59pm CT. On-site registration will be available the day of the run/walk, beginning at 5:45am.
- Bib me – If you pre-register for the race, look for your bib in your registration packet that can be picked up at the AAEM17 registration desk BEFORE race day.
- Have a competitive streak? Only the top five participants will be manually scored for this event. There will be a clock at the finish line for all participants to mark their own finish time.
- Need a pick-me-up pre-race? Visit Coffee Etcetera, located in the lobby of Hyatt Regency Orlando, for your morning joe. Water stops will be available on the race route.
- Why should I participate? For fun in the sun! – Grab your complimentary AAEM sunglasses and your SPF and be well with us! We can’t wait to bring in the day with you, renewing our passion for EM through physical wellness practices.
Day of the Run/Walk:
Check in and on-site registration for the Run/Walk will begin at 5:45am, Sunday, March 19th just inside the doors of the Convention Entrance (on the lobby level, convention center side of the Hyatt).
The starting line will be located just outside of the front doors and the run/walk will conclude behind the Convention Center side of the Hyatt. Please see the maps for the starting and finish lines and the full run/walk route below.
Note: in the starting and finish lines map the yellow pin denotes the registration, the green pin denotes the starting line, and the red pin denotes the finish line. In the route map, water stations are denoted in blue and sheriff’s officers checkpoint are denoted by yellow stars.
Starting and Finish Lines (click image to enlarge)
Wellness Fun Run/Walk Route (click image to enlarge)